HYDAC piston accumulators are hydropneumatic accumulators with a floating piston as a separation element between a compressible gas cushion and the operating fluid.
They are comprised of a cylindrical jacket with a finely processed interior, with a screwed-in cover on the gas and fluid side as a rule and a piston with special sealing systems. Piston accumulators can be adjusted very flexibly to customer requirements.
Selection of the volume is practically stepless. The piston position can be made visible and also be used for switching functions in the hydraulic system.
- Nominal volume: up to 3,300 l
- Permitted operating pressure: up to 1,000 bar
- Piston velocity: dependent on sealing system, usually up to 5 m/s; higher velocities possible
- Accumulator shell materials: carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium
- The minimal pressure differential between the fluid side and gas side
- Large usable volumes
- Variable installation position
- Monitoring of the piston position possible using various systems
- Particularly suitable for backup configurations
- Extreme flow rates
- No sudden discharge of gas when seals are worn