MCS 1000 Series
The MetallicContamination Sensor MCS 1000 monitors metallic particle contamination in lubrication fluid.
The particles are detected by inductive measurement whereby a coil system is the core element of the sensor. It detects metallic particles (ferromagnetic Fe and non-ferromagnetic nFe) in the > 70 µm size range.
The MCS 1000 continuously monitors the condition of the system and provides information on any early-stage damage.The sensor is, therefore, a reliable tool for condition-based maintenance.
As an option, the MCS 1000 series can be supplied with an Ethernet interface. This means that the sensors can easily be connected to existing networks.
- Certified by Germanischer Lloyd Industrial Service
- Detection of early-stage damage, for example, in a gearbox
- Prevents costly turbine downtime
- The perfect complement to optical sensors
- Measurement of metallic particles (ferromagnetic Fe and nonferromagnetic nFe) > 70 µm
- Measurement result is not affected by air bubbles or liquid contamination in the fluid
- Condition monitoring systems in wind power turbines which have already been certified by GL do not lose their certification if the MCS 1000 is built into the system after certification, as the component itself is certified