HFS 2500 for Water / Water-based Media
The HYDAC Flow Switch in the series HFS 2500 is based on the variable area float principle. The test medium deflects a spring-loaded float in the direction of flow, depending on the flow rate. A reed contact is fitted to the outside of the instrument and is, therefore, separate from the flow circuit. When the magnet inside the float reaches the pre-set position, the reed contact will switch.
To protect it from external influences, the switch is encapsulated in a casing designed to allow steplessly variable adjustment.
The instruments in the HFS 2500 series are available in two versions, with 5% accuracy and with 10% accuracy.
Areas of application are to monitor flow rate in fluids (water / water-based) in the following areas, amongst others:
- Cooling systems and circuits
- Hydraulic systems
- Welding machines and laser systems
- Medical technology
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Chemical industry
- Research & development
- Water / water-based media
- Accuracy ≤ ± 5 % or ≤ ± 10 % FS
- Any mounting position
- High level of function reliability
- High level of switching accuracy
- Stepless switch point setting by user
- High-pressure resistance
- Threaded connection
- ATEX version also available for potentially explosive atmospheres