Needle Valve, Direct Acting, Inline Mounted – DV / RV 20 to 40
The DV is an inline mounted flow control valve which controls the flow by adjusting the cross-section.
The flow rate is therefore dependent on the pressure differential and viscosity. Starting with the throttle spindle in the fully closed position, the flow rate increases in accordance with the appropriate curve as the control knob is turned. The flow is controlled in both directions.
The scale and coloured rings on the top of the control knob enable accurate repeat setting. The DRV is a flow control valve in the same design which also allows the same fine flow adjustment, but in one direction only. Unrestricted flow in the reverse direction is via the built-in check valve (cracking pressure 0.5 bar).
- For regulating the speed of loads
- For fine adjustment and shut-off of the flow
- For system-related damping in hydraulic circuits
- To release pressure from accumulator systems
- As an emergency drain for lowering a load without a dead man’s circuit
- High level of safety provided by patented spindle safety mechanism
- A set-screw locks the setting
- Choice of four sizes for optimum adaptability to the system
- Nickel-plated version available as an option