2-Way Flow Regulator, Pressure Compensated, Metric Cartridge - SR5E
The SR5E is a pressure compensated flow control valve which maintains a constant outlet flow by means of a control function.
The flow rate is largely independent of the pressure and viscosity. The valve has a fixed orifice with pressure compensator spool. The measuring orifice determines the setting range for the flow rate which its adjustment can be over a small range.
If oil is flowing from 1 to 2, a pressure drop occurs at the measuring orifice. Consequently, the pressure compensator moves into the control position which corresponds to the force equilibrium. This is created by the pressure drop acting on the control piston area overcoming the spring force.
Plus, as the flow rate increases (greater pressure drop), it reduces the diameter of the control orifice until the forces are equal again. Therefore, the achievement of a constant flow rate is possible. On the other hand, in the reverse direction, there is free flow through the valve.
Important: if there is no reach of the requirement for control pressure differential, then the valve operates as a non-compensated flow control valve.
- Regulating the speed of loads independently of the pressure
- Limiting the max. speed of lifting gear (in compliance with accident prevention regulations)
- Limiting the flow rate for control oil circuits in the main circuit and offline
- Hardened and ground valve components to ensure minimal wear and extended service life
- Optional zinc-plated version available