The HYDAC Test Points are test couplings with a very small nominal bore and a check valve.
The opening valve's location for the test coupling is on hose ends or as adapters on pressure sensors. Therefore, when connecting the test coupling, the check valve opens and gives direct contact with the fluid.
The most important features of the Test Point are:
- Coupling and uncoupling without system shut down
- The possibility to measure pressure and pressure peaks using pressure sensors
- The possibility to vent the systems and taking samples
Indeed, dedication to our customers has been the catalyst to developing a leak-free test point and moving away from conventional technology, i.e. sealing by means of ball check valves.
The need for clean handling for the user whilst also protecting the environment resulted in a new, patented, leak-free test point using plate seat technology. Since the successful launch of the "new sealing technology", the advanced design has achieved the following approvals as a result of further product development:
- Approval by the German Federal Institute for Material Testing (Bundesanstalt für Materialprüfung) for use with halon in fire extinguishers.
- Military standard approval for use with nitrogen accumulators.
- Approval of the gas coupling by the German Gas & Water Association (DVGW). The gas coupling is used for repeat testing in gas pressure regulation plants.