Bladders accumulators are hydropneumatic accumulators with a flexible bladder as a separation element between a compressible gas cushion and the operating fluid.
To begin with, HYDAC bladder accumulators are comprised of either a welded or a forged pressure vessel, the accumulator bladder and the armatures for the gas-side and fluid-side connection.
In addition to the standard construction design, custom designs for special application cases are also available, in particular for very high discharge velocities (e.g. up to 100 l/s) and pressures (e.g. up to 1,000 bar).
Therefore, essential specifications are:
- Nominal volume: 0.5 … 450 l,
- Permitted operating pressure: up to 1,000 bar
- Standard elastomers: NBR, ECO, IIR, FKM (FPM).
- Accumulator shell materials: carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium.
Moreover, the following advantages set HYDAC bladder accumulators apart:
- High discharge speeds,
- No pressure differential between fluid side and gas side,
- Compact, low-maintenance
- High charging and discharge frequencies.