The Low Viscosity Unit LVU is intended for offline filtration. The LVU removes solid particle contamination and free water from diesel fuel.
Diesel fuel is often subject to long storage periods, especially in tanks which may be used infrequently. As a result, solid particles and water are often deposited on the bottom of the tank and can then damage pumps and sensitive components when switching on the motor.
In addition, over an extended period of time, free water in a tank provides a breeding ground for diesel fuel pests (microorganisms such as bacteria, algae, fungus, etc…). Both can quickly lead to blockage of the machine filter and to damage to diesel injection system components.
The consequence: impermissibly high levels of dangerous emissions from the combustion engine. This leads to high costs for downtime, replacement parts, maintenance, and repairs.
the use of the Low Viscosity Unit LVU minimises contamination to a system and prevents expensive system downtime. It also helps to avoid the necessity of early and expensive disposal of diesel fuel.
- Portable and stationary emergency generators e.g. in hospitals, shopping centers, power plants
- Tanks on portable machines e.g. agricultural and forestry machinery
- Storage tanks e.g. for agriculture and mining
- Yachts and leisure boats
- Greater system availability
- Reduced risk of diesel pests thanks to separation of free water from diesel fuel
- Care and dewatering also possible when the combustion engine is turned off
- Possible to use it flexibly thanks to adjustable transfer pumping function (continuous or time-programmed)
- Optional automatic drainage of water from the coalescing housing for increased convenience and greater process reliability
Filter elements: Click here.