MCS 1000 Series
The Metallic Contamination Sensor MCS 1000 monitors metallic particle contamination in lubrication fluid.
The detection of the particles is by inductive measurement whereby a coil system is the core element of the sensor. It detects metallic particles (ferromagnetic Fe and non-ferromagnetic nFe) in the > 70 µm size range.
The MCS 1000 continuously monitors the condition of the system and provides information on any early-stage damage.The sensor is, therefore, a reliable tool for condition-based maintenance.
As an option, the MCS 1000 series can be with an Ethernet interface. This means that the connection of sensors to existing networks can be easy.
- Certified by Germanischer Lloyd Industrial Service
- Detection of early-stage damage, for example, in a gearbox
- Prevents costly turbine downtime
- The perfect complement to optical sensors
- Measurement of metallic particles (ferromagnetic Fe and nonferromagnetic nFe) > 70 µm
- Air bubbles or liquid contamination in the fluid don’t affect the measurement result
- Condition monitoring systems in wind power turbines with GL certification don’t lose it when the system has a new MCS 1000 (even after certification), as the component itself has certification.