HFS 2500 ATEX Encapsulation for Water / Water-based Media
To begin with, the HYDAC HFS 2500 flow switch in ATEX version is for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. Therefore, like the standard version, it is based on the variable area float principle and can be mounted in any position.
The test medium deflects a springloaded float in the direction of flow, depending on the flow rate. What’s more, a fully encapsulated reed contact is fitted to the outside of the device and is, therefore, separate from the flow circuit. So, when the magnet inside the float reaches the preset position, the reed contact switches.
Furthermore, the intended areas of application are, for example, the oil and gas industry, on gas turbines or in locations with high levels of dust, e.g. in mills.
Also, the HFS 2500 flow switch has some protection types and applications:
- II 2G Ex mb II T6 / T5
- II 2D Ex tD A21 IP67 T80 °C / T100 °C
- Water / water-based media
- An accuracy ≤ ± 5 % or ≤ ± 10 % FS
- Any mounting position
- A high level of functional reliability
- A high level of switching accuracy
- Stepless switch point setting by the user
- A high-pressure resistance
- Also, threaded connection
- PTB 03 ATEX 2159 X
- PTB 03 ATEX N056-3