Spool Type with Area-Ratio Advantage, Slip-In Valve – PDMC05S30A-50
The proportional pressure reducing valve PDMC05S30A-50 is a direct-acting spool type valve.
When de-energized, the spring pushes the control spool towards the solenoid system. There is flow through the valve from port 2 (consumer) to the tank port 1. When the inlet pressure fluctuates it provides an almost constant outlet pressure – depending on the energization of the coil. When the control current increases, the coil exerts a force on the control spool and connects port 2 (consumer) with pump port 3. This compresses the reset spring of the control spool.
The pressure at port 2 acts against the solenoid force over a circular ring area and when the pre-set value is reached, the pressure plus spring force and solenoid force are in balance. The connection between pump and consumer ports is thus restricted. Any pressure at tank port 1 is additive to the pre-set control pressure. The valves have been developed specifically for high dynamic performance and low pressure drops.
- Compact design
- Excellent dynamic performance
- Low pressure drop due to CFD optimized flow path
- Excellent stability throughout the entire flow range
- External surfaces corrosion-proof
- Coil seals protect the solenoid system
- Hardened and ground internal valve components to ensure minimal wear and extended service life
- Adjustable throughout flow range
- Excellent small signal characteristics