The HYDAC Data+ edge computer is described as a flexible, expandable and customisable device designed for fast data processing and control at the edge.
The Data+ edge computer has a software platform pre-installed so that no software is required to get it going. This also ensures that all of the software and functionality of it is fully maintained within the Data+, and the data can be stored locally on an SD card.
In terms of communication, the data can be sent to a higher-level system via an Ethernet connection, utilising Modbus TCP, Profinet, TCP/IP, UDP/IP or OPC UA. Sensors are accommodated via IO-Link masters or other remote I/O modules via Modbus TCP, Profinet or CANopen.
For visualisation, a software framework is included that offers web visualisation capabilities, as well as a database (up to 128 GB) and database extensions to view, manage and control data effectively and easily. Node-Red provides the user with a graphical interface to manipulate data.
All parameters and sensors that are being monitored can have customisable alarm settings, which can be modified via the web visualisation HMI.
The device has an IP65 protection class and also offers a USB 2.0 port. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are available as options. Operating temperature range is -20 to +85°C.
What is Edge Computing?
Edge computing is a circulated computing framework that provides enterprise applications with better access to data sources, including IoT devices and local edge servers. This close proximity to data sources can be highly beneficial to businesses, as they can receive insights quicker, experience better response times, and have improved access to bandwidth.
Why Edge Computing?
The remarkable growth and growing computing power of IoT devices has produced an extraordinary amount of data which will only continue to increase. It was previously hoped that AI and cloud computing could automate and speed up computing innovations via insights that data could reveal. However, the complexity and scale of data that’s produced by connected devices has become drastically faster than networks and infrastructures can handle. Trying to transmit this large amount of device-generated data to the cloud or to a centralised data centre can cause latency and bandwidth related problems.
This is why edge computing is a highly recommended option, as it can process and analyse data faster and more comprehensively closer to the point where it was generated. The data will not have to pass through a network to a data centre or cloud to be processed, and therefore latency is drastically reduced.
Benefits of Using Edge Computing
- Boost operational efficiency
- Faster performance
- Discover new business opportunities
- Offer your customers a quick, dependable, and consistent experience
- Workloads will remain up-to-date and adhere to predefined policies
- Ensures privacy is maintained
- Data residency laws and regulations are abided by
Factors to Consider with Edge Computing
A good edge computer should be capable of addressing and resolving network security risks, management issues, and the limitations regarding bandwidth and latency. Despite this, there are factors that you should keep in mind when using one. Your viable computer should be able to achieve the below:
- Manage your workloads across any number of devices and all cloud networks
- Maintain openness and flexibility to adapt to ever-changing computing requirements
- Consistently and flawlessly deploy applications to all relevant edge locations
- Function more securely
What Can Be Achieved With Edge Computing
Regardless of if you plan on utilising IoT edge, cloud edge or mobile edge computing software, you must ensure that the software you use can achieve the objectives listed below.
Manage the Circulation of Software on a Huge Scale
Minimise the amount of unrequired administrators involved, save money on related expenses, and deploy software where and when it is required.
Utilise Open Source Technology
An edge computer should be able to be used with many different types of devices and equipment.
Have Security Issues Taken Care Of
An edge computer ensures that the right workloads are being handled on the right machine at the right time. It provides a simple way to oversee its operations and implement the policies of your organisation.
What Edge Computing Can Do For Different Industries
- Retail: Promptly inform customers of relevant offers and therefore personalise their shopping experiences.
- Banking: Examine ATM video feeds in real-time as a way to improve the safety of customers.
- Kiosk Services: Automate the management and distribution of kiosk-based applications remotely; this allows businesses to continue operating whenever they experience a poor level of network connectivity or are not connected at all.
- Mining: Data can be used to enhance operations, boost productivity, improve the level of worker safety, and minimise energy consumption.
Work with a Qualified Partner
Seek out the services of a qualified, trusted and experienced vendor with vast knowledge of multi-cloud platforms. HYDAC offers a wide range of services that are aimed at:
- Boosting scalability
- Enhancing performance
- Strengthening the level of security of your edge deployments
- Augment system performance and intelligence
Contact Us Today
- Backflushing Filter AutoFilt RF3POAPOAPOA
- Solenoid Coils for Proportional ValvesPOAPOAPOA
- CETOP 3, Needle Valve with Reverse Flow Check - ZW-SDR06From A$ 370.80
- Return Line Filter - Tank Mounted - RFFrom A$ 199.90
- 205 W - Water-cooled motor / generatorPOAPOAPOA
- Compound Relief, Pilot Operated - VP-PDBP10POAPOAPOA
- Manually Operated, Poppet Type - WSM06020W...MPOAPOAPOA
- ETS 380 for Separate ProbePOAPOAPOA