Gas Coalescer Filter – GCF
HYDAC Gas Filters GCF are high-performance change-over duplex coalescing filters in stainless steel which have been specially developed for use in dry gas seals in turbo compressors.
All the filter components, including the filter housings, are made of stainless steel machined parts without weld connections and comply with the requirements of API 614-5.
There are basically two different standard versions of the Gas Filter GCF:
- A simple coalescer version preferably for “dry” gases
- A coalescer version with integrated cyclone pre-separator for applications using wet gases which may also contain aerosols, oil mists and / or condensates.
The modular filter design means that a cyclone pre-separator can also be retrofitted to an existing standard filter – by replacing individual filter housing parts.
For special high-pressure applications or those using hazardous gases, filters are also available in a “Double Block & Bleed” version.
The materials of the seals and housing can be adapted individually to the process conditions. FKM and NBR are used as standard and are also suitable for high decompression rates.
All seals on the filter are without exception duplex seals. The housing material is as standard stainless steel.
- Modular filter – cyclone pre-separator is available as an option
- Compact filter design optimised for pressure and flow
- Duplex seals without exception throughout the whole filter
- All flow paths throughout the filter are “full port” – no cross-sections in the filter are restricted relative to the inlet cross-section
- Efficient pre-separation of liquids and particles through the use of integrated cyclone – even under increased flow rates
- Redundant, patented pre-separator, tailored to the particular process and the filter stage downstream
- Sufficiently large chambers for collecting fluids can be adapted to customer requirements
- High-quality ball change-over valve which is easy-to-operate, with maximum negative overlap, gas-tight in all port directions, spindle has an anti blow-out device and encapsulated springs
- High-performance, change-over duplex filters in stainless steel
- All filter apparatus and the respective filter housings are comprised as a basic principle of stainless steel rotary parts without welding joints and correspond to the specifications of API
- There are basically two different standard versions of the Gas Filter GCF: In a simple coalescer version preferably for “dry” gases and in a coalescer version with integrated cyclone pre-separators for applications with wet gases in which aerosols, oil mists and/or condensates must be anticipated