Direct Acting, Poppet Type, Cartridge - SBVE-R1 and R1/2
HYDAC counterbalance valves are direct-acting poppet valves with an integrated check valve. It enables a smooth action in consumers if there are retracting and extending loads. In load-holding applications, it can serve as a hose-break valve.
In order to raise a load, the flow runs from pump port 2 to consumer port 1 via the built-in check valve. To hold the load, a pressure of a check valve piston happens against its seat by the load pressure at port 1 and seals leakage-free (control port 3 must be released from pressure!). And for lowering the load, application of a pressure happens to control port 3 which controls the valve. The load cannot, therefore, speed ahead. This is because control of the load flow rate happens at the metering edge of the control piston according to the consumer's inlet pressure.
An additional restriction of the load pressure is provided in that the consumer pressure (load pressure) at port 1 acts on a control piston within the valve and therefore against the force of the adjustment spring. When we reach the excesses for the spring tension, the control piston moves away from the check valve piston. Therefore, this opens the flow path from port 1 to port 2.
See datasheet for drawings, dimensions, model code, etc...
- Hardened and ground valve components to ensure minimal wear and extended service life
- Adjustable throughout flow range
- Speed of consumer controlled in accordance with the inlet flow
- Consumer prevented from speeding ahead where there are retracting loads
- Holding consumer in position leak-free
- Restriction of consumer pressure to the relevant pre-set pressure
- Acts as a hose-break valve for safety purposes if there is a break in the control line, consumer supply line or drain line
- Zinc-plate surface can be an option for all surfaces in exposition (version 04) for better protection from corrosion