HYDAC provides air cooled motors and air cooled generators for electromobility applications, including machinery such as power generators, outboard motors, pump sets, auxiliary power units and saw benches, as well as vehicles like aircraft, motorcycles, lawnmowers and more.
These are the current available options: 159 AH and 205 A.
See below a summary of the 2 options with torque, speed, battery voltage and power information.
How Air Cooled Motors & Air Cooled Generators Work
Both air cooled motors and air cooled generators require air to be circulated directly above the engine’s heat dissipation fins or other hot areas surrounding it to keep the temperature of the engine at a safe level so it can continue to function. These motors and generators come with internal fans that push air across different parts of the engine, stopping it from overheating.
Reasons to Use Air Cooled Motors & Air Cooled Generators
- Small size – Air cooled motors and generators are smaller than liquid-cooled options and therefore take up less space.
- Lightweight – Our air cooled units are much lighter than liquid-cooled units.
- Placement options – Air cooled motors and air cooled generators can be quickly installed in various locations, meaning they can be set up in any way.
- Fuel efficiency – Both air cooled motors and air cooled generators are far more fuel efficient than liquid-cooled units, helping to reduce fuel usage.
- Cost-effective – It’s much cheaper to service air cooled motors and air cooled generators and replace parts when necessary, making them a cost-effective solution over time.